Sunday, December 28, 2008

Hong Kong Snacks Post

Hong Kong is THE place for eats and thus a food blogger's delight. But my favorite by far, are the snacks it offers. Here's a favorite from my childhood: gai dan zai (egg deliciousness - more like egg waffle balls or something). I remember getting these after school everyday as I took the bus.

Typical snack bar on corner of a busy street in Tsim Sha Tsui (Kowloon)

Here are the delicious egg treat makers.

Pour in the batter.

TADA! Delicious, warm, toasty egg snacks. Waffle like bread on the inside and a thin crispy crust on the outside.

More snacks for your viewing delight:


And next door, a drink stand of every flavor imaginable - ALL 100%!


Ranging from tomato juice to cucumber juice to watermelon juice to apple juice...

The machinery

1 comment:

[e]clectic said...

am i mistaken or do i see 苦瓜at the juice stand.

i am insanely jealous that you are in HK. i LOVE that city. eat some sieuw yuk(?) 烧肉for me.