Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Restaurant Near Yali

More delicious Changsha food on the Lazy Susan. My favorite from this restaurant is the eggplant that comes out sizzling in foil on a hot plate.

The Appetizers:

Cold soybeans

My dish overfloweth with vermicelli

The Main Dishes

Beef with the typical Changsha additions (pepper and pepper..)

This picture does the eggplant dish no justice.

Soups are boring (because you can't see anything), but I'll put this mushroom soup up for variety's sake

Chicken with ginger and soy sauce

Tofu skins and a LOT of cilantro

The "Mai Dan" flower. Many restaurants put a flower on your table to indicate that you've paid the bill.

I'm also going to start posting reviews on this blog on the side. My favorite (and only review) is: "It's a sin to post the photos there. So tempting." - Helen Gao, DC '10, student at Yale University.

No comments: